Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Bullet selection for 6.5 Creedmoor

Hi all, wanted to pick your brain as well as add to the forum.

Preparing to reload for my new Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. Barrel length is 22 inches with a 1:8 twist.

I know each rifle has its favorite loads, but looking for guidance in bullet selection. Would i be able to push the 147gr eld-m fast enough out of the 22 inch barrel to see any advantage over the 140 grain?

Currently shooting Sellier & Bellot 140 fmj boat tail with half min accuracy at 100 yards (limitations of the closest range to myself) while waiting to amass some brass, my dies are on the way.

Thanks all for your help.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    From a sales point, the 143gr ELD-X has been super popular for accuracy, and as a cross over hunting/target bullet.
    The 147gr you may be able to see a little benefit, but only at really long ranges.
    The 140gr Nosler RDF has been one of the best I have seen for people, but they are picky on seating depth, and take some tinkering with, and most people give up too early on them.

Title
    Premium Member
    143 ELD-X is a great round. I had almost the exact results with Nosler 140gr BT’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    6E59CDDF-6E20-4F32-BF06-4E75A2EB040B.jpeg 143 gr ELDX 6.5 cm 1" circle @ 200 yards Sub MOA there are 6 shots there. That bottom left was a sight in shot. Nice tight 5 shot cluster. I love it when it comes together.
    Last edited by handcannon; 09-26-2018 at 01:15 PM.